Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Isla Mujeres, Yucatan

May Isla Mujeres


We actually got this far, prices are high but the gringos are out for the good deals, they seem to leave us alone, deducing we are off a boat or poverty stricken. It is fun to shop around and drink in a Amercana type bar again. They even have stuff in the grocery store! Can’t imagine what it will be like back in the states again, kinda avoided that kind of thing in my stay in Maryland. Filled up with fuel, so not much else to do but wait, another Norther is headed down, a few of the boats are going to take advantage of it to head for Florida, I myself would rather wait for a smoother ride, and in fact one boat for Tampa ended up in Key West because they couldn’t get any Northing.

The wind is blowing like snot and Jan and I take a bicycle trip around the island. A little rough pedaling into the gusts with these rusty ole clunkers, but the south end of the island by the lighthouse very spetacular. We get lost a little bit and a little tired out (me) so we don’t make it all the way around. I don’t guess Jan will let me live that one down, I never get lost.

Russel Again!

Wake up this morning and go out on deck to notice a red sailboat approaching. Gee that guy sure looks like Russel. "Howdy Floyd!", and sure enough I have to say good-bye once again. He is crewing a boat out to Tampa and leaving right now so no time to party but a howdy do. They were anchored up in the lagoon so didn’t even know they were here.

George on Essence and Mo and Jo on "?" leaving this morning and it does look nice, but you know how it is, maybe one more day to make sure. Keep tabs on them with the radio.


No comments: